Orion's most popular kit is now even better with the addition of the High Performance Aerial Signals which burn longer and go higher than the standard 12-gauge signal.
A substantial kit with 8 Coast Guard approved day/night signals and additional day smoke signals, this is an ideal kit for inland and coastal boaters.
(Those desiring a kit with parachute flares should consider Kit #911.)
Alert Signals attract attention day or night and signal that you are in trouble.
The Coast Guard recommends that you fire two aerial flares, one immediately after the other, so rescuers can confirm the sighting and/or direction of the signal.
• 12-Gauge Safety Launcher with bandolier that can hold up to 6 High Performance Signals
• (4) 12-Gauge High Performance Red Aerial Signals, USCG approved day/night signal, altitude up to 500 feet, average candlepower up to 16,000 candela, average burn time up to 7 seconds - these specs exceed USCG minimum requirements by a 40% or more
• (4) Handheld Red Signal Flares, USCG approved for day/night signal, average candlepower: up to 700 candela, average burn time up to 3 minutes each
• (2) Handheld Orange Smoke Signals, USCG approved for daytime signal, average burn time up to 1 minute
• Heavy duty, waterproof, floating, international orange plastic storage case; capable of holding additional signals
• Sold by the kit
• Note: These items can be shipped within the US by ground via common carrier (truck), but will incur a $35 (6/24/13) hazmat handling fee if shipped via UPS or FedEx; CANNOT be shipped by air, nor via USPS