In daylight testing by the BoatU.S>® Foundation, smoke signals were found to be, by far, the most visible day use distress signal. And this BuoySmoke MK2 is one of the best.
Producing 15 minutes of dense orange smoke, the Buoysmoke MK2 is safe to use on gasoline/petrol or oil-covered water and can be automatically or manually deployed.
As with all Pains Wessex products, the BuoySmoke MK2 is fully compliant with International legislation and meets worldwide approval standards.
Use as a "locate" signal for approaching rescue vessels, or as a man overboard marker.
• Provides 15 minutes of dense orange smoke
• Approved to the latest SOLAS standards
• Universal stainless steel mounting bracket
• High impact plastic and steel case designed to withstand exposure to UV rays, oil or sea water
• Tested to survive a 164 ft drop into water (SOLAS 98 ft)
• Ideal for use on ships or rigs with high freeboard
Note: With its hefty price tag, and 42 month limited lifespan, this product is most suitable for large commercial and offshore vessels, and not for typical recreational cruisers.