This compass can be hand held, or installed in any inclination or position, vertical, horizontal, lying flat or even upside down above the skipper's berth as a telltale compass. The Iris is a race course compass which can also be used to take hand bearings. Easily moved around the boat, it is simply clipped onto its smooth-edged bracket, which is designed not to catch sails or hurt fingers. A soft rubber casing provides protection against shocks.
• Conical 2-3/4" card with double reading (direct and horizontal) 5° graduations
• Sophisticated construction with motion dampening and expansion diaphragm
• Gimbaled magnetic set--- the card remains perfectly horizontal, whatever the angle of installation
• 2 mobile lubber lines
• Available with or without LED light
• Length: 8"; weight: 10.3 oz.