Profurl's NEX Flying Sail Furlers quickly deploy or furl both light and heavy flying asymmetrical sails (gennaker, screacher, code zero, light-air genoa and solent, reacher, staysail) safely and easily. NEX flying sail furlers are composed of a swivel and a spool which uses a continuous line (instead of a drum with an in/out line) - each with the necessary attachment fittings for installation and use, including 2 thimbles for the sail pennants. The low profile spool allows for optimal luff length and better performance, as well as significant weight savings.
This furler requires that an anti-twist torque rope, which transmits rotation up to the head of the sail, be fitted inside the luff of the sail by your sailmaker, as well as fitting the thimbles to the pennants.
When used with a 2:1 purchase, the NEX furler is a convenient, and functional, replacement for a removable stainless steel forestay.
• Light, very compact, but strong enough for use with storm sails
• Fast sail deployment and furling from the safety of the cockpit
• S-Grip groove design on spool provides superior line grip when furling
• Installs and removes in just seconds
• Quick furling line installation and removal
• If desired, furling line can be disengaged from the spool, for safety, during sail deployment
• Standard terminals are: lower - snap shackle; upper - D-shackle (0.9 & 1.5), sculpted MX halyard shackle (2.5 & 5.0) ; options are available
• All lines are sold separately
• 3-year worldwide limited warranty