These filters are used in cold water supply applications for removing sediment, or foul tastes and odors. Sediment filters remove rust, sand silt, algae, and other foreign particles. Taste and odor filters use a 2-stage cartidge: the outer layer traps dirt, rust particles and other sediment, while the activated charcoal core removes objectionable tastes and odors. A maximum flow rate of 180 gallons per hour is plenty for a single faucet installation.
In domestic installations, these filters are generally supported by the hard piping; an optional bracket is available. Adapter fittings are supplied by the user.
• The WFA12 filter housing can be used with any of the filter elements listed
• Multiple layers of tightly wound synthetic yarn trap sediment, rust, algae and other microscopic solids
• Tough, tight-sealing see-thru bowl lets you inspect filter effectiveness at a glance
• Ports are 3/4" female NPT
• Dimensions: 5-1/4"Dia x 12-1/2"H; dry weight = 3.1 lb