The 53100 pump is designed to empty marine and RV holding tanks of normal waste, and fish boxes of scales and residual waste. The unique dual-cut chopper blade design ensures waste is ground up thoroughly.
Speaking to issues found in other macerator pumps, Raritan's model 53100 Macerator Pump features the following important advances:
• To minimize shaft seal leakage, the 53100 uses a Viton® lip seal secured with a 316 stainless steel spring on the motor shaft. Viton® is a synthetic rubber and fluoropolymer elastomer with a well-known reputation for its ability to withstand high temperatures from friction as well as outstanding chemical resistance.
• A proprietary wax impregnated, nitrile rubber impeller compound withstands accidental dry running as much as three times longer than the competition.
Easier to install, the intake is both a 1-1/2" male threaded port for direct connection to your waste system plumbing or a barbed fitting for hose. The barbed fitting is on the end; simply saw it off where the threads start for an NPT connection.
Discharge is a 1" quick disconnect type. The pump is supplied with both a male NPT and a barbed fitting.
• All stainless steel bolts and epoxy coated motor to avoid corrosion problems
• Heavy duty chopper blades
• Self-priming to 4 ft (5 ft with wet impeller)
The optional Smart Macerator Control monitors the pump motor and prevents pump damage due to priming failure, dry running, or overload.
All macerator pumps have a known issue of the impeller sticking in the housing during long periods of not being used. The Smart Control can be set to prevent the impeller from sticking during periods of inactivity by jogging the impeller once every seven days. See Related Products, below.
As with any macerator pump, we recommend installing this pump with user supplied shut-off valves in between the holding tank and and the pump inlet, and plumbed to the pump outlet's quick-disconnect fitting. This will facilitate disconnecting the pump for routine maintenance and impeller replacement.