Ritchie Globemaster compasses have elegant, traditional designs and craftsmanship.
Intended for larger yachts, the Globemaster compass design, innovation, performance, and durablity have become the de facto standard in big boat compasses.
The Globemaster deck and binnacle mount style compass features an outer case with a fixed sun shield.
This compass is most often installed on the bridge deck of a power vessel, or the steering pedestal of a sailboat.
The traditional flat card style dial in the SP-5 is best suited when mounting the compass in a location where you are looking down at the compass to see the course heading.
Ritchie adds a lightweight PowerDamp® baffle to the underside of their flat card dials, which eliminates spinning and dial jumping at high speeds and in rough conditions.
• Easy-to-align mounting base fits Edson 300 series, 6-7/8" top, steering pedestals
• Extra 90° lubber lines for easy reading of reciprocal headings
• Extra 45° lubber lines
• Internal gimbal systems for maximum stability during adverse pitch and roll conditions
• High gauss DirectiveForce magnets provide superior accuracy and smooth, rapid response
• Exclusive built-in 12V green NiteVu lighting
• Super strong, fiberglass reinforced Valox® bowl
• Durable, hardened steel pivot and sapphire jewel movement
• High capacity roller diaphragm for extended temperature operating ranges
• Built-in compensators to easily adjust for deviation
• 100% repairability
• Optional protective cover GM-5-C, & weather shield WS-P, are sold separately; see Related Products, below
• Exclusive 5-year Ritchie warranty
• Made in the USA
Note — All Globemaster compasses are custom assembled when you order.
When mounted on a steering pedestal, the choice of compass card size is determined by the diameter of the pedestal top — 6-7/8" pedestals accept 5" compasses, and 8" pedestal tops accept 6" compasses.
• Globemasters come standard with 12V DC lighting, but 24V and 32V models are available by special order, at a small extra charge.
• Standard night illumination is green, but red is available by special order, at no charge.
• Standard (G-5) flat card dial has 5° graduations, and large numerals, but 2° dials with medium numerals (G-2), and 2° dials with points and smaller numerals (G-2-P) are available by special order, at no charge.
• Models with an "E" suffix include extra 45° lubber lines and low level night lighting for sailboat installations.
On SP-5 Globemasters, the 45° lubber lines are standard.