Unlike all conventional clutches the Constrictor® system does not crush the rope between two metal surfaces.
Instead, the loaded rope is held securely in an 18" long Technora® sheath, or sock, itself attached to an anchor base.
The rope runs freely through the sock in one direction, but is gripped instantly (really) within the sock when running out in the opposite direction.
This constrictor effect, provides increasing holding power as the load increases, and works similarly to the colorful, braided fabric finger traps you played with as a child.
• Stronger — Twice the holding power of conventional rope clutches - the harder you pull, the more it grips
• Lighter — Only one third the weight of a conventional clutch
• No Abrasion or Rupture — Unique textile sock tightens to provide the ultimate in full length load distribution with outstanding grip, and only fiber-to-fiber contact with virtually no damage to the line.
• Safely Releases Under Load — Simply pull on the Dynemma® control lanyard to release the line as fast or as slow as you want; no winch needed — your first reaction willl be, "Wow"
• Remote Release Option — The Constrictor clutch can be mounted at a distance (even at the masthead), and controlled by using a longer control lanyard
grips instantly --- really, you'll be amazed
True cluching capability to control line speed through the Constrictor
The ultimate in simplicity
Heavy on the technical side...
Textile Sock —Braid Orientation: COUSIN Trestec’s experience and expertise in rope manufacture has guided development of the critical braiding angle to maximise grip and minimise slippage.
Fibre Assembly: Extensive knowledge of fibres combined with laboratory and field testing has resulted in an optimal fibre balance and density for unmatched strength.
Treatment: A specialised surface treatment plays a critical role in extending the product life, boosting grip and reducing abrasion in stress areas.
Bi-conical Titanium Base :
Patented by Cousin, the textile sock element is locked in place between a titanium ring and the anchoring base. The unique conical geometry allows easy insertion of the rope, and ensures that the sock is perfectly integrated with the anchor base in supporting the applied load.
Opening System :
Pulling on the SK75 Dyneema® lanyard retracts the sock, relaxing the grip on the rope and allowing it to run freely in either direction. The lanyard can be fixed in the open position using the V-notch in the anchor base.