The Vaavud design is inspired by professional cup anemometers, but with two cups instead of three, in order to make it truly pocket friendly. The one piece, molded rotor and the low friction Teflon bearing makes the Vaavud wind meter extremely durable. If sand or dirt gets inside the Vaavud wind meter it can easily be cleaned out with water. And The Vaavud wind meter can take quite a beating – it is built for action!
The Vaavud app gives you a clear overview of average, actual and maximum wind speed, as well as a real time graph – in fact the first real time graph in the world on a hand held anemometer! And you can scroll and pinch-zoom on the graph, if you want to taker a closer look at something.
The Vaavud wind meter has a wind range of 2 to 25* m/s. Precision is the least of +/- 4% or 0.2 m/s. The wind meter has been tested and calibrated in a professional wind tunnel at the Technical University of Denmark.
Because of the cup-anemometer design, the precision of the Vaavud wind meter is not affected by changes in wind direction (unlike a propeller based anemometer, which must point precisely up against the wind to measure correctly). And the Vaavud app taps into other sensors in your phone, to ensure that the device is held correctly, so the risk of incorrect measurements can be minimized.
• Measures wind speed from 4 to 48 knots (2-25 m/s)
• Reliable electronic-free technology
• Durable construction
• Highly accurate: +- 4% or 0.4 knots (0.2 m/s)
• Clear, neat App interface
• Free Vaavud™ App
• Neoprene storage pouch included
• Compact, pocket-friendly design
• Smartphone not included
Mjolnir Apple iOS7.1 and above.
• iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6Plus
• iPad 2, 3, 4
• iPad Air, Air 2
• iPad mini 1,2
Mjolnir Android 4.0 and above
• Samsung: Galaxy S2 Plus*, S3, S3 Mini*, S4, S4 Active, S5 Mini, Xcover 2*, Nexus, Nexus S, Note 10.1*, Pocket Plus*, Tab 2 10.1*, Transform Ultra*, Ace 2 NFC*
• Sony: Xperia P*
• Asus: Nexus 7*
• Verizon: Droid Incredible 2*
• HTC: One (M7)*, One (M8), Incredible S*, Desire Z*, Sensation*, Vision*, EVO*, EVO 3D*
• Motorola: Razor*, Razor HD*, Droid HD*
• Huawei: Ascend G300*
• LG: Nexus 5, Optimus V*
• OnePlus One
* These phones may in rare cases experience brief signal losses