This Rule-Mate® "Fully Automated" bilge pump features a solid state water sensing switch that eliminates the need for a separate float switch.
When water enters the bilge and reaches depth of 2-3/4", a sensor turns the pump on. After the water is pumped out, another sensor shuts the pump off. The sensors measure dielectric constant, and will only recognize water. In the event of an onboard oil spill, pure motor oil that enters the bilge will not turn the pump on.
This pump has a 1-1/8" discharge outlet.
• All-in-one pump and switch - no float switch required
• Pump turns on when water level rises and shuts off when water is removed
• Snap-off strainer for easy cleaning
• Straight and 90° hose barbs included
• Non-fouling impeller
• Completely submersible
• Rust and corrosion protected
• Silent, vibrationless operation
• Moisture tight seals
• Anti-airlock protection
• Compact, energy efficient, long life motor
• Able to run dry without motor burn-out
• Marine grade sealed wiring
• Stainless steel shaft
• Ignition protected
• CE and ISO 8849 certification
• 3-year limited warranty
Heavy on the technical side...
Note — The capacity of ALL centrifugal bilge pumps, regardless of manufacturer, is rated at "open flow" - with no hoses or resistance to impede output. In actual use, however, the work of lifting the bilge water out of the boat will decrease the output of the pump. The higher the lift, the less the output.
For a smaller bilge pump like this one, expect an output decrease of about 8% per foot of lift — about 85% of rated capacity when the outlet thru-hull is 2 ft above the pump, and about 75% of rated output at 3 ft above the pump. Purchase a higher capacity pump if that seems prudent.