Stronger than Amsteel, Amsteel Blue is a high-performance 12-strand single braid of 100% Dyneema® SK-75 fiber. It is now available in a variety of colors.
AmSteel-Blue yields the maximum in strength-to-weight ratio, very low stretch, and is stronger than the same sized wire rope constructions — yet it floats.
It’s the highest strength single braid Samson makes.
The Samthane coating enhances an already high abrasion and cut resistance.
Adding a cover is recommended for areas handled by winch or rope clutches.
Good for high load, static applications like halyards, wire replacement, and lightweight spinnaker sheets.
• A line made for the high-performance sailor
• Stronger than Amsteel; stronger than steel
• Very low stretch; torque-free
• Low creep — resists stretching under static load
• Elongation when loaded at 30% of breaking strength is only 0.96%
• Made with Dyneema® SK-75 HMPE (high molecular weight polyethylene) fiber
• 12-Strand hollow braid construction
• Splicing technique: full-bury 12-strand splice
• Strengths in specification table are for spliced lines
• Available in a wide range of diameters
• Sold by the foot
Heavy on the technical side...
Dynema® is the Dutch company DSM Dyneema's brand of UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Weight PolyEthylene fiber), a long chain, high strength, oriented strand, synthetic fiber with very high strength as well as high abrasion resistance.
This fiber is also known as HMPE (High Modulus PolyEthylene).
Dyneema is available in a number of formulations, SK-60, SK-75, SK-78, SK-90, etc. Each succeedingly stronger and more expensive.
Honeywell International produces a similar UHMWPE fiber, marketed as Spectra®