The Cat Hawk is designed for non-spinnaker Catamarans up to 8m.
It mounts on the front of the forestay bridle where it is ideally situated for maximum visibility both upwind and downwind.
The Cat Hawk uses the same lightweight vane arm as the Hawk. Made of super tough, glass-filled Nylon 12, for improved rigidity, durability, and UV resistance over similar looking polycarbonate versions on the market. It is all but indestructible.
The reference arms are specific to the Cat Hawk. These can be set up for either upwind angles, or to judge the fastest downwind angles.
The support rod is high grade aluminium and has the Hawk quick mount/un-mount clip for quick rigging and de-rigging — no tools required. It can be bent, if required, or straightened should it be knocked or damaged.
• Use on catamarans up to 26 ft (8m) that don't fly a spinnaker.
• Lightweight design with a low moment of inertia and jewel bearing for sensitivity and accuracy in light winds
• Vane arm length: 9.8" (27cm)
• Maximum extension: 15" (38cm)
• Overall height: 4.5" (11.4cm)
• Overall weight: 1.06 oz (30gm)
• "V" jewel low friction bearing
• Counter weighted balanced vane arm
• Quick release mount