The Great Hawk is a scaled up version of the original Hawk. It is designed for cruising and racing yachts up to 20m.
The vane and arms are made of super tough, glass-filled Nylon 12, for improved rigidity, durability, and UV resistance over similar looking polycarbonate versions on the market. They are all but indestructible.
The precision balanced vane arm and Hawk's "V" jewel bearing surface gives instant response to shifts and gusts with minimal inertia.
The reference arms can be preset at 55, 60 or 65 degrees or any angle you prefer, and can be used for either upwind or downwind angles.
The 5mm aluminium support rod is strong enough to take normal wear and tear, but can be bent straight should it be knocked while the mast is being stepped or unstepped.
• Suitable for cruising and racing yachts to 65 ft
• Easily removed from mounting bracket with one screw
• Mast bracket can be mounted vertically or horizontally
• Multiple mounting options (all in the box) for most existing mounts
• Can be bolted to any pre-drilled 8mm holes in the mast head crane using the supplied adaptor with nut and bolt
• Vane arm length: 15.0" (38cm)
• Overall height: 11.4" (29cm)
• Overall weight: 2.5 oz (70gm)
• "V" jewel low friction bearing
• Counter weighted balanced vane arm
• Underside of vane has white reflective patches, and underside of reference arms have red reflective patches for night use