Coal Tar Epoxy is a blend of epoxy resin and coal tar. It forms a high build, extremely durable, waterproof coating on a variety of substrates. It can seal and protect against severe abrasion, strong chemicals, and immersion in water (for non-potable uses only).
Coal Tar Epoxy is commonly used in marine and industrial applications such as sealing concrete foundations, metal hulls, barge hulls, trucks, trailers, and underground tanks - where it forms an excellent water resistant protective barrier.
• Bonds to most materials - concrete, steel, fiberglass, wood
• Bonds to cold damp surfaces, and is tolerant of oily substrates
• Superior water resistance
• Excellent chemical resistance
• Withstands saltwater immersion
• Prevents rust and corrosion on metals
• Low viscosity
• Convenient 1 to 1 ratio by volume
• Self-priming; high build
• Superior cycloaliphatic curing system; 100% solids
• More flexibility than regular epoxies
• Can be topcoated with regular paints
• Black in color with a mild "tar" odor