Sikaflex® 227 is a high-quality, multi-purpose, non-sag, single component, polyurethane adhsive/sealant that cures on exposure to atmospheric humidity to form a durable elastomer.
Sikaflex 227 is used for sealing exterior lap seams in many applications, including truck trailers, RVs, metal roofs, window perimeters, grain bins and HVAC units.
Use it to seal rivet seams, exposed and concealed joints of aluminum, steel, coated metals, wood, roof rails, and door hinges in transport equipment.
Seals and expansion joints.
May be suitable for use on a wide variety of substrates; including aluminum, steel, glass, wood, metal primers and paint coating (2-part systems), metals, painted plastics, and many different types of plastic.
Call for advice before using on transparent and pigmented materials that are prone to stress cracking.
• Adheres to a wide range of substrates, without primer in many cases
• Exhibits tenacious adhesion to aluminum, FRP, steel, wood, SMC, RIM, prepainted metals, ZINCALUME, Zincgrip, and aluminized steel, without attacking the metal coating
• Fast tack free time: approx. 40 min
• Tensile strength (ASTM D 412) 245 psi
• Cures rapidly to a elastic consistency with excellent cut and tear resistance
• Good non-sag properties
• Low odor, non-staining
• Weather resistant
• Resistant to road salts
• Application temperature: 40°F to 100°F
• Service temperature: -40°F to 195°F
• Shelf life: 9 months (store below 80°F)
Sikaflex-227 cures by reaction with atmospheric moisture. At low temperatures the water content of the air is generally lower and the curing reaction proceeds somewhat slower.
Uncured Sikasil WS-305 CN may be removed from tools and equipment with Sika Remover 208 or another suitable solvent.
Once cured, the material can only be removed mechanically.
Hands and exposed skin should be washed immediately using a suitable industrial hand cleaner and water. Do not use solvents! Some users may have skin sensitivity to some of the components.