Sikaflex 252 Bonding Adhesive
Multi-Purpose Non-Sag Polyurethane Adhesive
Sku# Make a selection
Item ID Make a selection
Mfg# Make a selection
As low as $0.00
As low as $0.00
Sikaflex-252 is a 1-component, moisture cured, polyurethane adhesive with extremely high thixotropy (non-sagging) and high strength. Sikaflex-252 is particularly suited to bonding applications in the manufacture of trucks, trailers and equipment.
Sikaflex®-252 is suitable for structural joints that will be subjected to dynamic stresses. Suitable substrates include wood, metals, particularly aluminum, sheet steel (incl. phosphated, chromated and zinc-plated components), metal primers and paint coatings (2-component systems), ceramic materials and plastics. Seek manufacturer’s advice before using on plastics that are prone to stress cracking.
As always, test with actual substrates and conditions to ensure adhesion and material compatibility.
Use for bonding of floors (plywood, blandex, wood, metal) to subfloor or metallic frame. Bonding of all exterior or interior panels, walls, sheets to corners or tubular frames. Bonding of FRP roofs (vans, cabins). Bonding of trim, molding and all kinds of styling elements. Sealing, especially for large dimension joints.
• Bonds and seals at the same time
• One part formulation
• Replaces rivets and mechanical fasteners
• Very high thixotropy for good gap filling properties
• Adhesion to a wide range of substrates
• Short tack free (∼40 min) and curing time (depends on temp and thickness)
• Non-staining curing process
• Initial load bearing capacity
• Sandable and paintable
• Increases torsional stiffness of final assembly
• Shock/impact resistant. Vibration and sound damping
• Excellent weather and water resistance
• USDA approved for incidental food contact
Sika has published a number of excellent technical "how to" documents for common marine applications using their Aktivators, Primers, and Adhesive/Sealants.
Topics covered include bedding and sealing hardware, rub rails, plastic windows, mineral glass windows, wood, UV exposure issues, etc.