Spyderco's best selling knife is now in its fourth generation. The Endura4 is an ergonomic, lightweight, one-hand open, folding pocketknife.
If you are considering using this knife in a saltwater environment, you might also check out Spyderco's Pacific Salt knife for a near-equivalent, but rust-proof knife.
• Blade Shape — Modified Leaf Shaped Blade, developed by Spyderco, is similar to a spear point but is not quite symmetric, and is only sharpened on one side
• Blade Grind — flat sabre grind blade shape with flat bevels that extend from the center of the blade down to the cutting edge. This grind maintains full thickness through a larger portion of the blade for increased strength. The steep flat bevels create an exceptionally strong, durable edge, but at the expense of some cutting ability. Kitchen and military/tactical knives typically have this flat sabre grind. Compare this knife to Spyderco's very similar Salt I knife with its hollow grind blade.
• Blade Edge — this knife features a Combination Edge which is part smooth and part serrated - offering that advantages of both types in a single blade. The smooth edge portion cuts cleanly, while the more aggressive serrated portion makes short work of tough to cut items like rope. The combination blade is a good compromise when the blade will be used for general purposes.
• Large trademark Spyderco Round Hole allows easy opening of the knife using the thumb of just one hand. In turn, the enlarged Round Hole creates a prominent hump in the top of the blade for your thumb to rest against while cutting.
• Handle — the Endura 4 has a high strength, lightweight, fiberglass reinforced nylon (FRN) polymer handle with Spyderco's patented bi-directional textured pattern for enhanced grip. This pattern features forward and backward graduating steps raditaing out from the center of the handle. It comes in black.
• The superb quality Japanese VG-10 Takefu stainless steel alloy used in this blade is universally praised on knife forum websites for its exceptional edge holding ability. It exhibits very good rust resistance. Addition of cobalt and nickel improve toughness for better edge stability
• Versatile 4-way pocket clip is reversible (for left or right hand use), and pre-drilled at both ends for tip-up or tip-down carrying in your pocket
• Back Lock style positive locking mechanism employs a rocker arm to engage a notch in the tang of the blade to lock it open; depress the recessed rear end of the rocker in the spine of the knife to unlock the blade; mechanism is recessed to prevent accidental unlocking
• Skeletonized internal stainless steel frame makes the knife rigid and stronger but doesn't increase weight
• Screw construction facilitates cleaning and adjusting
• Closed length is 5"