Stearns' Cold Water Immersion Suits have no separate insulating liner, and are generously cut to make donning straightforward and struggle-free in chaotic emergency situations.
They incorporate a built-in helicopter lifting harness with stainless steel hardware, and a buddy line with snap hook. The built-in buddy line prevents victims from drifting apart, greatly increasing chances of survival and recovery.
Complies with SOLAS Chapter lll, IMO RES.MSC.207.(81) and is U.S. Coast Guard and MED Approved (European Marine Equipment Directive; Ship's Wheel). This Type S suit has an inflatable head pillow support to qualify for USCG approval (the Type C suit does not).
• 5 mm stretchable, flame-retardant neoprene exceeds specifications for hypothermia protection
• Helicopter lifting harness and buddy line with snap hook
• Face shield, inflatable head support, YKK® brand waterproof zipper, air expulsion valves, "no hands" SOLAS whistle, non-slip hard foot soles and ankle adjustment straps
• More than 120° unrestricted field of vision
• Uses 3M™ Reflective Material SOLAS-grade 3150-A PS for high visibility
• Pocket for mounting SOLAS approved rescue lights
• All seams are double-glued, taped, and stitched
• Comes with storage bag - color coded by size for fast identification in emergencies, and zipper lube
• Type S - additional approvals include Chinese Classification Society and Russian Maritime Registry
• 1 year warranty