Low in Volatile Organic Compounds, 94U-1000 Primer is a white, relatively quick drying polyurethane similar to its predecessor U-1000; (see Related Products, below).
However, U94-1000 is higher in solids, covers better, requires fewer coats, and and shrinks less.
94U-1000P is mixed with 94U-1000 Catalyst in a 2:1 ratio and may be applied immediately, as no induction time is required. Pot life is short - about 2 hours!
As with U-1000, a heavier film build of 94U-1000 made be produced by allowing a freshly primed surface to become firm to the touch, and then applying a second coat. U94-1000 may be applied full strength for maximum build, or thinned for more even spreading, whether by brush or spray. Multiple coats may be applied where more build is needed.
VOC are 406 gm per liter unthinned. When thinned 5% VOC are 420 gm/liter.
• Color - white
• Reaction/Induction time - None
• Pot life @ 70°F - 2 - 3 hr
• Brushing Thinner - U2965 brush urethane reducer
• Spraying Thinner above 70°F - U1014 spray urethane reducer
• Spraying Thinner 50 - 70 °F - U1385 spray urethane reducer
• Reduction ratio - 0 - 5% for low VOC; 0 - 30% otherwise
• Wet Film Thickness - 2 - 7 mils
• Dry Film Thickness - 1 - 3 mils
• Practical Coverage - 200 - 300 ft²/gal
• 94U-1000 may be brushed with a good quality natural bristle brush
• 94U-1000 may be rolled with solvent resistant foam roller sleeves on larger surfaces - but the roller will begin to deteriorate after 15 to 30 minutes, so purchase enough of them for your job - tip with a brush; severalb coats are advised
• If sprayed, U-1000 is best applied with siphon, pressure feed, or HVLP equipment, the latter greatly reducing overspray and waste. Two passes are recommended, allowing tack free time between coats. Thin approximately 20 percent for fine-sanded surfaces, and 10% for deeper profiles
• Recommended equipment cleaner - C8761
Note — ALL Sterling paint products and components are sold separately.
This is a two-part product - be sure to purchase both components; see Related Products, below.