This clear, permanent adhesive film in tape form is designed to provide physical protection for vulnerable surfaces.
It is the same material used on the front of automobiles for chip protection from flying pebbles and road debris.
It is very durable and nearly invisible.
This same tape is used for aircraft and windmill leading edge protection.
Other applications include paint, plastic, and metal protection.
It can be used to provide UV protection to the underlying substrate.
Use it anywhere you're concerned about scratches or damage from foot traffic, chafing, or mechanical damage.
For example: protect cap rails at boarding stations, use it on the painted interior of transom door openings, protect topsides from fender line chafe, protect masts from halyard shackle and other hardware damage — anywhere you're trying to protect paint from damage or abrasion.
• General purpose, outdoor grade polyurethane tape with acrylic adhesive
• Virtually invisible
• Scratch, puncture, abrasion, corrosion, and minor impact resistant
• Conformable to most surfaces
• Can be painted or applied over painted surfaces
• UV protected - resists yellowing and staining
• 14 mil thickness
• Easy release paper liner protects the adhesive side
• For use above the waterline only
• Can be removed by peeling, or with judicious use of a steamer or heat gun
Note -This product sticks instantly and semi-permanently.
It will also show any fingerprints you leave on it.
Call 3M Automotive at 877-666-2277 if you need assistance using this product.