These Clean Sanding discs combine premium 3M™ Purple abrasive technology with a breakthrough surface configuration that delivers up to two times the life of other high-performance discs — even when a vacuum system is not used.
When used with tool-mounted collection systems, the disc allows dust to be more effectively extracted than ever before, keeping your workplace cleaner, more comfortable, and more productive.
Purple abrasives are 3M’s best performing class of abrasives.
Both more durable and faster cutting than other discs, they provide the greatest value per dollar and the highest quality in abrasive minerals available.
Note — For extremely heavy material removal - such as stripping bottom paint - Fisheries offers the coarsest grits of these discs with unique oversized holes, for effective dust capture under the heaviest load conditions.
See our Hookit Heavy Dust Removal Clean Sanding Purple Discs in Related Products, below.
In 80 grit discs, you have a choice of the original small hole clean sanding pattern, or the new large hole clean sanding pattern.
• Ideal for painting and finishing applications
• Stearate coating to prevent loading and provide a consistent finish
• Resin bonded abrasive for heat resistance
• Hookit™ attachment system allows easy re-use of the discs, taking advantage of their full working life
• Works well with any Clean Sanding Backup Pad; see Related Products
• Priced by the box
NOTE — Purple "dust free" discs in 8" diameter are currently only available as Hookit Dust Free Original 3M 7 & 8 Hole Purple Discs.
For 6" dust free discs in grits coarser than 80, you now have a choice of the Original Dust Free Discs, or the better performing Large Hole Clean Sanding Discs mentioned above.
See Related Products.
Heavy on the technical side...
All these discs have a stearate coating to prevent loading and provide a consistent finish.
In 740I the coating is clear, in the others, it is white - making the papers appear light purple.
The discs offered in this group are in the following Purple Abrasive Series:
• 334U - light purple discs (finer grits) are constructed of a carefully graded, higher performance aluminum oxide mineral on a C-weight paper backing
• 734U - light purple (moderately coarse grits) discs are constructed of a unique blend of aluminum oxides and the durable ceramic mineral, Cubitron, on a C-weight paper backing
• 740I - dark purple discs are very coarse, with a non-loading open-coat abrasive pattern of a blend of premium aluminum oxide, and long-wearing synthetic Cubitron ceramic mineral, on a heavy E-weight paper backing
• 745I - light purple discs come only in 80 grit, they have an evenly distributed closed-coat abrasive pattern of a blend of premium aluminum oxide, and long-wearing synthetic Cubitron ceramic mineral, on a heavy E-weight paper backing