Use this panel for uncomplicated management of 3 battery banks - 1 House and 2 Start - in twin engine boats. With two On/Off/Both battery switches, each engine Start circuit is isolated from the House circuit, reducing the chance of fully discharging all battery banks at the same time.
Performing the same operations as three On/Off battery switches (one for each bank), the engine and house battery switches are both turned On when the boat is boarded, and both turned Off when leaving the boat. This minimizes the opportunity for error. In an emergency requiring that both batteries be combined - say a discharged start battery - simply turn the switch knob to the Combine Batteries position.
The 8689 also features a high amperage main DC breaker with 3 empty DC branch positions for user customization, as well as 24-hour DC branch circuit protection. Three unswitched (always on), push button reset-only circuit breakers provide protection for items like bilge pumps or alarms that need to be on 24-hours a day.
• Designed for twin engine configurations
• Isolated circuits protect sensitive electronics from voltage fluctuations during engine starting
• Incorporates two On/Off/Both m-Series battery switches (#6011)
• Includes (1) 100A C-Series rocker circuit breaker, (3) 15A push-button breakers, (3) empty positions; all with On indicating LEDs
• Use with 12 or 24 volt systems
• Backlit circuit labels
• Includes #4218 Square Format label set, and #4140 24-Hour Round label set
• Dimensions: 7.25"W x 8.00"H x 3.25"D
• Ignition protected - safe for installation aboard gasoline-powered boats
• Addition of two Automatic Charging Relays (No.7610 or ML-Series) will automate charging of all battery banks