The Hydromatic strainer eliminates the nuisance of unwanted and untimely system shut-downs due to strainer clogging from seaweed, jellyfish, etc. It incorporates a powerful electric macerator pump which periodically cleans and flushes the strainer without the nedd to shut down connected devices. A remote control panel is included.
One large inlet and 1 large outlet, plus 2 smaller outlets...
The Hydromatic 970-2020 strainer can function as a sea-chest — replacing multiple seacocks, traditional strainers, thru-hull fittings and related plumbing. This can markedly reduce the cost and complexity of new or retrofit installations.
It has a single large 2" NPT inlet port at the top and a large 2" NPT outlet port to supply a large consumer (a main engine, for example). It also has 2 additional 1" NPT outlets for a genset, AC, etc. on the sides. Simply secure any outlets which are not used with pipe plug fittings.
• 30-second filter basket cleaning cycle is automatically performed at intervals selected by the user (remote panel included); option for manual override
• Integrated macerator pump grinds and discharges accumulated debris overboard via a separate, dedicated 3/4" NPT outlet port near the motor (debris is typically discharged below the waterline)
• "Ignition Protected" DC permanent magnet motor is submersible
• AC models are available by special order; please inquire at 800-426-6930
• Installation can be horizontal or vertical (flooded inlet required)
• Cast bronze strainer body
• All ports are NPT threaded