The Lewmar H-series windlasses use the same reliable worm gearbox technology that Lewmar developed for the Concept and V-Series windlass ranges. The integral solenoid pack simplifies wiring and is protected by the durable maincase. These windlasses feature full power up/down functionality right out of the box. Easy, one-piece, above deck installation.
Note that the H2 and H3 Series of windlasses share the same housing. The difference between them is in the power of the series wound motors — 700W vs. 1000W.
• Suitable for most boats from 34 - 43 ft in length
• Dual direction operation gives total control when both retrieving or lowering the anchor
• Sealed waterproof unit requires minimum maintenance - even works under water
• Aluminium & composite main case for reduced weight
• Stainless steel warping drum with unique "wear & abrasion reduction pattern," can be operated independently of the gypsy
• Manual Recovery System (LEW#66840045) can be installed as an option
• All gypsies are designed for 5/8" 3-strand line
• Note that G4, G40, G43, and High Test (HT) chains are equivalent for sizing purposes
• 3-year warranty
What's in the box — Complete with windlass, deck gasket, mounting bolts, guarded rocker switch, breaker, and integral dual-direction solenoid.
Is one of these windlasses a good choice for your boat? You can use the recommended typical boat lengths provided or, for a more rigorous determination, take the total weight of your ground tackle (anchor + rode) and multiply by 4. The maximum pull capability of the windlass should be at least as large as the resulting number.