You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
The Lofrans Royal is a simple and inexpensive way to add better anchor handling to any boat. It is particularly well-suited to smaller vessels and those with minimal electrical capability. The simple mechanics of manual windlasses make them especially applicable for cruising boats. The Royal is easy to install, and has a one-speed, double-action mechanism, so chain is brought on board with both forward and reverse strokes. Supplied with stainless steel operating lever with a comfortable rubber grip. No matter what anyone says, using a manual windlass to retrieve an all-chain rode requires a bit of work -- even more so if you are in a hurry; but it sure beats hand-over-hand retrieval. With almost no mechanical advatage, this windlass achieves a relatively fast retrieval rate, but don't expect to be able to easily lift a heavy load.
• Stocked version comes with stock 5/16HT chainwheel. Please specify or call if you require a different size
• Chain-only gypsy and separate capstan for rope hauling (up to 3/4"), with a convenient snubbing hook at the rear
• Available with gypsies for PC, BBB, or HT chain (1/4" only in HT), please specify when ordering
• Constructed of special marine grade aluminium alloy witha forged bronze gypsy
• Aluminum bevel gears with a stainless steel shaft
• Finished in sanded, hand polished and anodized aluminium, or in durable white polyester powder coating (by special order)
• Size: 12-1/4"W x 8-3/4"L x 7-9/16"H
• Comes with gypsy and operating handle; chainpipe not included