The PSS Shaft Seal is a mechanical face seal that uses a self-aligning high density carbon-graphite stator to ensure a 100% watertight seal with proven reliability.
The carbon stator is held against an O-ring seated stainless steel collar by a tough, chemical and fuel resistant nitrile rubber bellow.
This seal will eliminate shaft wear and minimize corrosion.
• No more packing replacement, or needless bilge pumping
• Requires virtually no maintenance and is provided as standard equipment by many of the world's finest builders and the U.S. Coast Guard
• Can be installed as a replacement for the leaking packing gland or on shafts in less than ideal condition
• Precision seal - no spray guard, no dripping
• Unaffected by engine motion or vibration
• Highest quality materials and computer-precision machining
• All shaft seals include a hose barb fitting on the carbon flange for either simple venting above the waterline (low speed boats), or for cooling water feed (vessels over 12 knots) which is easily installed with the use of a Tee Kit, sold separately
• 3-year limited warranty