You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
These filter elements are used in Racor's Absolute Series of Bypass Oil Filters.
A common misconception is that regular oil filter replacement is sufficient to keep oil clean. But standard spin on oil filters remove only the largest solid contamination particles down to the 20 to 100 micron range.
The Absolute Series introduces a new standard for oil filtration system performance and reliability by providing exceptional purification for oils in engine, transmission, and hydraulic systems.
Multi-layered engineered cellulose media presents a massive surface area to remove solid contamination and emulsified water.
The result is both exceptional dirt holding capacity and removal of water concentration to less than 100 parts per million.
How it works:
Depending on the application, a small percentage of oil flow is diverted (bypassed) to the Absolute Series filter housing. The oil then flows through an element that combines micro and density filtration.
The filter design forces the oil to flow through three stages of increasing media density. Larger particles are retained on the top of the filter, serving as a diagnostic tool for monitoring metal wear. Smaller particles are trapped in the middle stage, and the smallest particles are trapped in the lowest compressed part of the filter.
This progressive removal of particles results in a very high dirt holding capacity and efficiency.
Additionally, the cellulose material can absorb up to 200 ml of water, and also removes resins and oxidation products.
Features and Benefits-
• ABS10300/ABS10450 housings come with pre-installed 3 micron and 5 micron elements, respectively
• 3 (green), 5 (blue), or 10 (orange) micron elements are available for replacement
• Removes up to 99% of all solid contaminants
• Reduces free water concentration to less than 100 ppm
• Eliminates resins, metals, and oxidation products
• Extends engine component life
• Reduces oil consumption
• Reduces need to replace engine's full flow filter cartridges
• Reduces operating costs
• Extends oil change intervals
• Will not void engine warranty