FBO-14 Duplex Fuel Filter/Water Separator with Selector Valve - Marine Series
Up to 1,500 GPH Diesel Marine Duplex FBO-14 Filters Include Filter Elements
Sku# Make a selection
Item ID Make a selection
Mfg# Make a selection
Checking for Price and Availability
As low as $3,704.46
As low as $3,704.46
Racor offers the white, Marine version of the FBO fuel filter/water separator in two sizes. This a duplex version of the larger 14" tall version with a maximum flow rate of 25 gpm when filtering diesel fuel with a single fuel/water separator element, and 50 gpm when using both filters.
The main advantage of duplex filters is the ability to use one filter at a time and switch filters when it becomes necessary to service clogged elements — without having to shut down the machinery they serve.
Alternatively, the valve may be set to utilize both filters simultaneously with a maximum flow potential of 50 gpm. (Note that when using both filters at once, the integral vacuum gauge is bypassed, and pressures must be measured remotely.)
With a cast iron head and steel filter bowls, these Marine versions of the duplex FBO-14 filter are UL listed, and meet both Coast Guard and ABS requirements.
Compared to the Industrial (black) version of the FBO the Marine version is white, UL listed, and includes a differential pressure gauge (provides data for when to change the element), a sight glass to check for the presence of water, and a mounting bracket. They are advantageously priced compared to purchasing these components separately.
Three element options are available to meet various requirements:
1) Fuel/water separators (coalescers) are the most commonly used elements - especially for single filter installations - as they both filter particles and contaminants and also separate water from the fuel.
Today's sophisticated diesels are particularly susceptible to damage from water and particulates, so ultra-fine 1 and 5 micron elements are commonly used for this function.
Fuel/water separators are actually dual element filters consisting of both outer and inner elements.
2) Silicone-treated particulate pre-filters (also called microfilters) are single element filters and are most often used in over-the-road, storage tank, agricultural, and mining applications where particulate contamination is of primary concern. They are also used as primary filters to extend the life of other filters further downstream.
3) Water absorber elements also filter particulates. These tend to be specialty items and are most commonly used on farm and fleet fuel dispensing pumps. As they saturate with water, fuel flow is impeded.
Note — Unlike the single FBO units, the DFBO comes with two 25 micron fuel/water separator filter elements installed in the housings.
See Replacement Products, below, for the entire selection of available elements.
• Suitable for diesel and biodiesel fuels
• Comes with 25 micron fuel/water separator filter elements
• 1.5" NPT inlet and outlet ports are located on the underside of the connecting manifold
• Rated at 150 psi at 240°F; max. working pressure is 75 psi
• Vacuum gauge included on filter head
• Manual water drain valve
• Manual vent valve
• Mounting bracket included
• Cast iron head with steel filter bowl assembly
• UL listed
• ABS certified
• DFBO-14-MA maximum dimensions (drain valve closed): 27"H x 22"W x 9.0"D; 90 lb
• Service clearance: 1.13" (drop down)
• Option for water sensor probe: Racor recommends using the steel body probe RK23191-01 with Deutch DT04-3P connector (connector can be cut off if not needed); as most do, these probes require an external detection module and also a #RK18-1656 steel adapter bushing for the bowl; the water sensor replaces the installed bowl plug; see Accessory Products, below
Click here for the installation and operation manual for the DFBO series of filters, and here for an installation diagram.
Click here for technical data and specifications for the FBO series of filter housings.
Click here for additional information about FBO filters (pages 8-12) as well as other Racor high flow fuel dispensing and transfer filters.