These unique blocks are the only ratchet blocks which allow always-on, always-off, and fully automatic ratcheting modes. In automatic, the ratchet engages as any real strain comes on the block, and disengages once the sheave can spin freely with little or no load. Modes are set with the simple flick of a lever. The auto mode is great for rapid easing of sheets and for gybing asymmetric spinnakers. The manual mode is the preferred mainsheet set-up for many top sailors.
Designed for racing boats, ball bearing ratcheting Orbit Blocks have achieved the highest strength-to-weight ratio available by eliminating the heavy metallic components of similar blocks. The result is up to 35% weight savings over comparable composite blocks with metal components --- a huge difference. The Dyneema® rope link opens for easy attachment to padeyes, toerail, boom bails, eyes, etc. Cleating models incorporate high performance carbon-fiber reinforced C-Cleats with wide angle fairleads and fiber reinforced, adjustable and calibrated cleat arms.
• Automatic and manual ratchet in one block
• Sophisticated sheave design provides up to 20:1 holding power with minimal rope wear; double that of competing brands
• Ultra lightweight and the highest working load in its class
• Easily fitted and securely retained Dyneema® link head - ideal for strops, webbing, and carbon connection points
• Smooth easing of sheets without V-groove shuddering
• Integrated beckets; no loose parts
• Clockwise and counter-clockwise rotating ratcheting cheek blocks
• Low friction 2-stage orbital bearing system ensures easy running with high load capacity
• Sheave diameter: 2-3/16" (55mm)
• Maximum line size: 3/8"