You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Base (4 Gal)
Premium Epoxy Protection for Non-Optimal Surfaces
Sea Hawk 1241 is a multi-purpose, surface tolerant, two-part epoxy coating system that applies easily to non-optimal surfaces yet provides excellent chemical and abrasion resistance for marine vessels and offshore structures above and below the waterline.
Its chemically-cured formulation allows application at low temperatures, and to damp surfaces, even those exhibiting flash rust.
1241 cures to a semi-gloss finish for use in tank linings or as a pipe coating. Its self-priming nature provides an excellent surface for ship and barge antifouling hull coatings.
• Exceptional corrosion protection in both salt and fresh water immersion and corrosive chemical environments provides multiple uses for ships, marine structures, in fabrication and during new construction
• Surface tolerant formulation, reduces surface preparation time and cost
• Low temperature cure expands application window (to 0°F, -18°C)
• Quick drying provides fast re-coating
• Low VOC formulation complies with rigid VOC limits
• Ideal for steel and aluminum hulls
1. What are some of the many uses for 1241?
Answer: Ships and offshore marine structures – above (decks and super structures) and below the waterline (hull) as a protective coating or as a primer for antifouling coatings. Tanks and pipes – ballast tanks, bilges, drainage pipes and wet voids.New construction – a multipurpose, surface tolerant protective coating.
2. What does Surface Tolerant mean?
Answer: Surface Tolerant epoxy refers to epoxy that is highly corrosion and abrasion-resistant and designed to protect materials from extreme industrial and marine conditions. Surface Tolerant epoxy coatings are designed to be applied over surfaces with less-than-perfect surface preparation and can be used on steel and concrete surfaces for protection against corrosive environments in industry.
3. What is the primary advantage of 1241?
Answer: 1241 has a chemically-cured formulation allowing application on imperfect surfaces and at low temperatures.
4. How much surface can be covered with one gallon?
Answer: 136-273 square feet per gallon when applied at the recommended wet film thickness of 5.9-1.8 mils (150-300 microns).
5. What is the re-coat window and how quickly should antifouling paint be applied over 1241 if it is being used as a primer?
Answer: 1241 has an extended re-coat window at 11 hours to 30 days. And when used as a primer for antifouling paint, 11 hours to 2 days.
6. Can 1241 be used alone as a coating?
Answer: Yes, it is an exceptional semi-gloss protective coating when used alone, but also is an excellent primer for antifouling paint.
7. How is 1241 sold?
Answer: 1241 is sold in two separate parts (Part 1, Base & Part 2, Catalyst). These parts are mixed on site in a 4 (Base) to 1 (Catalyst) ratio.
|Selected||SKU #||MFG #||Availability|
|SKU #: 1016524||MFG #: 1241BASE/4GL|
8 In Stock
|Base (4 Gal)|
|SKU #: 1016525||MFG #: 1241C/1GL|
6 In Stock
|Catalyst (1 Gal)|