SikaTITAN®-P2G is a "primerless" to glass, one component, non-conductive, cold-applied, fast-curing, high-viscosity polyurethane adhesive designed for use in replacing direct glazed automotive glass parts.
Engineered to perform to the strength of OEM requirements, SikaTITAN-P2G passes all federal requirements for FMVSS 212 / 208.
SikaTITAN®-P2G is designed for use in replacing polyurethane direct-glazed automotive glass parts.
This product is suitable for experienced professional users only.
• Primerless to glass
• Good decking
• One component formulation
• Fast curing speed
• Good cut-off string
• Cost effective
• Safe Drive Away Time in as little as two hours when used on vehicles without a passenger side airbag, four hours with passenger airbag
• Passes FMVSS 212/208
• Maximum substrate application temperature: 130°F (to avoid gas bubbles forming in the adhesive)
• 9 month shelf life
• Store below 77°F
• Avoid contact with alcohol-containing solvents during cure
• Manufactured in accordance with ISO 9001 / 14001 quality assurance system and the responsible care program.
Currently, there are two SikaTITAN® Auto Glass Replacement urethanes from which to choose: SikaTITAN-P2G® and SikaTITAN-P2G+®. Both are primerless to glass, cold applied adhesives, both rated nonconductive and are of standard modulus. While each product has its own unique properties, as defined on the appropriate SikaTITAN® Product Data Sheet, each have excellent application properties.
The main difference between the two appears to be that SikaTITAN-P2G+ reaches functional strength somewhat faster than SikaTITAN-P2G:
It has a Safe Drive Away Time in as little as one hour when used on vehicles without a passenger side airbag, three hours with passenger airbag
As opposed to SikaTITAN-P2G with two and four hours, respectively.
NOTE: SikaTITAN-P2G™ and SikaTITAN-P2G+™ products are “primerless” to both glass & ceramic frit.
For glass windshield installations, Sika Aktivator Pro Surface Cleaner and Skia Primer 206 G+P are required for use on the pinchweld and H-channel gasket.