The Tri-Angle Sharpmaker (204MF) includes two sets of high alumina ceramic stones —
• A pair of medium-grit (brown, in foreground) 7" x 0.5" stones for aggressive sharpening.
• A pair of fine (white, upright in base) 7" x 0.5" stones for professional grade finishing.
The stones are triangular for sharpening plain edges on the flat sides, and serrations on the corners.
A furrow running the length of each stone lets you sharpen pointed items like fishhooks, darts and awls.
Die-cut into the base are keyed slots and holes fitted for the stones.
They accurately set the stone's sharpening angle at a 30° angle (15° each side), or a 40° angle (20° each side) for knives; and a 12.5° scissor setting.
• When you turn the base over, a channel lets you lay two stones side-by-side (flat-side up) for use as a benchstone.
• The lid snaps halfway over the base, creating a handhold for stability while you're sharpening
• Cast in fastener holes for bench mounting
• Includes is a set of brass safety rods (shown at the left) to protect users' hands while sharpening
• All components snap into the self-contained ABS plastic base and lid
• NOTE: Ceramic stones, like glass, will break if dropped -- handle carefully. Replacement stones are available by special order
• Use them dry - no oil, water, or lubricants
• To clean: scrub stones with a plastic scouring pad and powered abrasive cleaner, let air-dry. Also autoclave safe
• Includes instruction book and DVD