You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Wichard's range of two OSR harness tethers are designed and constructed following World Sailing (formerly ISAF) Offshore Special Regulations (OSR) applicable to ocean racing.
Of special note, they are fitted with a quick opening snap shackle on the harness side that can be released under load, but will not open accidentally.
All hardware - both snap shackle and safety hook(s) - is 316 stainless steel
Per OSR, the tethers are fitted with an overload indicator. The #7007 OSR Tether is a simple elastic tether with a quick release shackle at the harness end and a double action safety snap hook on the other.
The elastic, retractable, tether is a Wichard innovation. It provides great freedom of movement as it retracts and extends without dragging on the deck behind you.
• Fluorescent, double-action safety hook at attachment end prevents accidental opening (both the gate and the colored lever must be pressed simultaneously to open the hook)
• Quick-opening snap shackle with lanyard at harness end
• Overload indicator
• Elastic harness tether retracts from 6-1/2 feet to 3-1/4 feet
• Compliant with EN 1095
• 316 stainless steel safety hook and snap shackle
• Polyamide webbing is lightweight, absorbs very little water, and dries quickly