You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Wichard's range of two ProLine'R Releasable Safety Tethers both feature a harness attachment which is a quick-opening, snap shackle designed so it can be released under load in emergency situations.
Additionally, ProLine'R tethers have all the features of the ProLine range including the use of wide-opening, auto-locking ProSnap safety snap hooks, overload indicator with built-in shock absorber, lightweight construction and replaceable webbing.
The harness attachment point of this #7064 two leg Proline'R Elastic Safety Tether is equipped with a forged stainless steel, quick-opening, snap shackle designed so it can be released under load in emergency situations -- man overboard, capsizing, etc. -- but will not open accidentally.
It has a short (1 m) flat webbing leg with a ProCnap safety hook for attaching to an anchor point or jack line on the boat, and a long (2 m) elastic webbing second leg with a second ProSnap safety hook.
Extended length of the stretchable leg is 6-1/2 ft (2 meters).
The two leg design allows you to always maintain one point of attachment for increased safety.
Elastic, retractable, tethers are a Wichard innovation. They provide great freedom of movement as they retract and extend without dragging on the deck behind you.
• Includes overload indicator as per ISAF offshore special regulations, with built-in shock absorber
• Elastic harness tether retracts from 6 feet to 3 feet
• Quick-opening snap shackle with release lanyard at harness end
• Double-action safety hook at attachment end automatically locks and prevents accidental opening
• Safety hook has an ergonomic design for one-handed operation, a locking indicator, and a wide, 26 mm (1") opening mouth
• Snap hook is forged special aluminium to ensure excellent rustproof qualities and minimum weight
• Compliant with EN 1095
• Follows OSR - ISAF recommendations for offshore racing
• CE marked
• Lightweight polyamide webbing is retro-reflective at night, and is replaceable
Because they are connected via a "SmartLoop", the two legs of this #7064 ProLine'R releasable tether can, optionally, be separated into two separate single leg tethers (the #7061 and #7032) for increased versatility and users of different body weights.
Refer to page 2 of the linked User Manual for illustrations and further details.