You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Similar to the popular 2071 filter, but with added protection from nuisance levels of organic vapors such as from solvents, degreasers, and resins, as well as certain acid gases such as sulfur dioxide and chlorine.
Nuisance level refers to concentrations not exceeding OSHA PEL, or applicable government occupational exposure limits - whichever is lower.
With a NIOSH P95 approval, this pre-filter offers reliable protection against both oil and non-oil based particles, as well as dusts and mists, with a filtering efficiency of 95%.
The 2078 particulate filter can attach directly to any 3M™ bayonet facepiece when only particulate hazards are present.
In environments where particulates exist and harmful vapors exceed "nuisance levels", an appropriate 3M chemical vapor cartridge should be used with this 2078 filter mounted on it, as the vapor cartridge alone does not protect against particulates. See Related Products, below.
You will need a 3M 502 adapter to attach the filter to the vapor cartridge; see below.
Alternatively, when a chemical vapor cartidge is used, you can switch to the less expensive 2071 filter, which offers the same P95 level of particle filtration.
• Suitable for all marine applications such as grinding, sanding, sawing, welding, brazing, torch cutting, soldering, and sweeping.
• Do not use for sandblasting or asbestos abatement.
• As required, use with appropriate gas or vapor cartridge
• Chemical absorbent provides relief from nuisance-levels of organic and acid vapors - see product literature for full specifications and restrictions
• Lightweight, simple and easy to use
• Advanced Electret Media with electrostatically charged microfibers capture particles, but let air through - for easier and cooler breathing
• Unique flexible filter material resists abrasion and wetting
• Flame resistant material
• Priced by the pair