You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
577F Flap Discs use an aluminum zirconia mineral abrasive.
They are a step up from most aluminum oxide flap discs, but not as fast cutting or durable as 3M's high performance 747D blended ceramic/aluminum oxide flap discs; see Related Products, below.
Fisheries offers two models of these 60 grit flap discs:
• "Standard" 577F Flap Discs
• "Giant" 577F Flap Discs are the same size, but have 25% more flaps; see Related Products
Flap discs combine the cutting ability of a coarse disc with the blending capabilities of a finer disc in a single unit.
As the disc breaks in, the abrasive on the edge of the flaps wears off somewhat, leaving a softer edge with more of the cloth backing exposed.
This softer edge has an increased polishing effect.
As a result, a 36 grit flap disc will grind like 36 grit, but leave a finish closer to that of a finer grit flap disc.
• Convex style Type 29 flap disc
• Versatile aluminum zirconia mineral works well on a variety of metals and applications
• Durable YF weight polyester backing for long life under heavy-duty grinding use
• Note — Flap discs typically provide a finish that is one grade finer than their actual rating