You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Engineered for maximum comfort, durability and visibility.
This top-of-the-line respirator features soft, yet durable, silicone material and a large lens for superior peripheral vision.
This respirator features that same large field of view as the 3M 6000 Series of full facepiece respirators, but with increased comfort and fit.
• Soft silicone nose cup and faceseal - engineered for maximum durability and resilience - provide significantly better comfort than other respirators
• Six-strap configuration adds 2 straps for a secure fit - especially in the hard-to-seal temple area
• Comfort head cradle - positions the respirator more comfortably on the head, reducing pressure points and hair pulling
• Cool Flow™ Valve for easier breathing and less heat and moisture buildup
• Low profile bayonet cartridge attachments, designed for improved balance and better weight distribution
• Paint and stain-resistant lens - the only respirator lens with Scotchgard™ coating - helps lens stay clearer during spray applications
• Semi-permanent Lens Cover (1 included) - lasts longer than standard tear-aways, with the added benefits of a Scotchgard coating
• Silicone gaskets are bonded directly to the mask so they cannot be lost
• Passive speaking diaphragm positioned for clearer communication
• Can be used in both negative pressure mode (cartridges/filters) or positive pressure mode (supplied air/PAPR - with appropriate adapters)
The 400 Series full facepiece respirator can be used with any of 3M's vapor cartridges, particulate filters, or cartridge/filter combinations for use in a variety of work environments.
Vapor cartridges are simply twisted on or off the facepiece bayonet fittings for easy replacement
Particulate filters can be also attached, with or without vapor cartridges, and may require the use of adaptors.
Every 3M™ facepiece respirator can be used with any of 3M's vapor cartridge and particulate filter combinations:
• All vapor cartridges attach directly to the bayonet fitting on the facepiece
• All oblong particulate filters can be attached over a vapor cartridge by using a #501 adapter/holder, which snaps onto the cartridge
• All round particulate filters can also be attached to a vapor cartridge, but use the #502 bayonet adapter, which also just snaps onto the cartridge
• All round particulate filters can also attach directly to the bayonet fitting on the facepiece (without using a vapor cartridge), when vapor protection is NOT required, and only particulate protection is necessary
Note that vapor cartridges are almost always used in conjunction with filters — as in the marine industry, it is rare to be exposed to vapors without the presence of particulates.