You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
The Pathfinder™ Pro is a fully approved Search and Rescue Transponder (SART) that complies with IMO SOLAS regulations.
Carrying a Search and Rescue Transponder (SART) is mandatory for all commercial vessels that must conform to GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress Safety System) - you know who you are. Carrying a SART is also mandatory on any vessel carrying more than one life raft.
With the availability of modern EPIRBs and AIS (Automatic Identification System) safety/rescue devices, carrying a SART provides no advantage for recreational or cruising vessels.
When interrogated by radar, the Pathfinder Pro returns 12 especially intense blips on the receiving vessel's radar screen — thus providing the distress vessel's position and direction, greatly enhancing search and rescue efforts. The 12 blips are re-broadcast, not simply reflected, so they are particularly intense, and visible enough to be readily discernable amidst even the worst screen clutter.
A lithium battery provides over 96 hours of operating life in standby mode (waiting to be interrogated by radar) and 12 hours of active operating life (while interrogated by radar).
Typically carried on the bridge, and then transported to a life craft if necessary, the Pathfinder Pro comes with a sleek wall mount to keep this compact SART out of the way, yet readily accessible in an emergency. The attached telescopic pole conveniently connects to the bottom of the SART and provides for maximum height and visibility out of a life craft. The SART can also be suspended inside the craft for hands free usage.
• Enhances radar returns with 12 intense blips, whereby the first blip represents the SART's location
• Unit transmits through the 9.2-9.5 GHz band marine radar when interrogated by radar
• Output power: 26 dBm eirp
• Temperature ratings: Operating -20°C to +50°C (-4°F to 131°F); Storage -30°C to +70°C (-22°F to 158°F)
• Vessel mounting bracket and collapsible pole
• Compact 8.94" x 2.56" (227 mm x 65 mm) unit easily packs into life raft
• Manual activation
• Waterproof to 10 meters (33 ft)
• Non-Hazmat lithium/iron disulfide battery (5-year replacement life) operates for over 96 hours in standby mode plus an additional 12 operational hours
• Worldwide certifications; complies with IMO, MED, FCC and IEC standards, also Industry Canada and Chinese CCS type approval
• Any IMO SOLAS vessels on international voyages are required to carry a SART
• 300 - 500 Gross Register Tonnage (GRT) must carry a minimum of 1 SART
• Over 500 Gross Register Tonnage (GRT) must carry a minimum of 2 SARTs
• 1 SART for every four life rafts on Ro-Ro passenger vessels