You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Protective Primer 161 Converter - Clear, 1 Pint
Alexseal® Protective Primer 161 is an epoxy-based primer. With added corrosion inhibitors and a combination of epoxy resin binding agents, this primer offers excellent adhesion promotion on all substrates, as well as additional corrosion protection on steel and aluminium substrates.
The long re-coating times of Protective Primer 161 allow for a cost-effective application process.
After curing, Protective Primer 161 is the ideal adhesion promoter for additional coatings of other Alexseal products.
• Use for corrosion protection and adhesion promotion on steel and aluminum substrates
• Color of converter is clear - so mixed product is the color of the base
• For use above or below the waterline
• Mixing ratio is 6 parts Base : 1 part Converter
• Pot life at 77°F is approx. 6 hours
• At 77°F second coat may be applied after 2 hours; overcoating with another product after at least 16 hours; see Datas Sheet
• Apply by brush, roller or conventional, HVLP or airless spray
• Reducer/Thinner: R4042 (5 - 10% max.)
• Theoretical coverage is 196 ft³/gallon, practical coverage is 100 - 142 ft³/gallon (see Data Sheet, below); 1 or 2 coats recommended; 48% solids (vol.)
Click here for additional information and technical data about this product.
Note — ALL Alexseal paint products and components are sold separately.
This is a 2-part product which is available in several configurations. Make sure you purchase your choice of two components - base and converter.