You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Barbed Engine Cooling Water Flow Detector - for 2" Hose
These devices activate a boat alarm (not included) upon loss of raw cooling water flow to the engine. Monitors raw water intake. Prevents engine overheating damage due to flow obstruction such as debris, baggies or sea weed.
Made of PVC and designed for marine applications, they use a 2-wire, non-polarity switch that is normally closed (opens at flow).
The switch remains open with the alarm off, as long as coolant is flowing. If the cooling water flow stops, the switch closes and the alarm activates.
While heat exchanger cooled engines will run several minutes without raw water flow before overheating, during that time significant damage can be done to the engine, raw water pump and exhaust system.
Monitoring raw water flow is a prudent step toward the safe operation of your engine.
• Monitors the flow of raw cooling water to engines, generators, or bait tanks
• Prevents costly engine damage when raw water intake is blocked by debris in the water
• New style Flow Detector for 2" hose, utilizing Aqualarm's latest Paddle Detector Technology that resists debris build-up
• Upgraded 3 amp electrical switch for alarm (versus 0.5 amps on old style detectors)
• Barbed adapters built-in for easy, quick installation....no need to buy and add barb adapters
• Size specific, making application easier, fewer moving parts, no springs, screws or gaskets
• Can be used with bell alarm (AQA#20100) or buzzer alarms (AQA#20106), etc.
• Multi-voltage - can be used with 12V, 24V or 32V system voltages