You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
This Cooling Water Flow Detector is designed to be inserted into a 3/4" adapter Tee, or it can also be threaded into a drilled and tapped hole in a rigid pipe nipple. It monitors raw water intake to prevent engine overheating damage due to flow obstruction such as debris, baggies or sea weed.
It activates a visual or audible device (sold separately) whenever raw water flow is stopped or impeded.
While heat exchanger cooled engines will run several minutes without raw water flow before overheating, during that time significant damage can be done to the engine, raw water pump and exhaust system.
Monitoring raw water flow is a prudent step toward the safe operation of your engine.
This is a two wire, non- polarity switch that is Normally Closed (Normally Open available) and opens at 3 to 4 GPM of raw water flow. It stays open until flow slows or ceases and can then active any audible or visual boat alarm or marine alarm.
• Monitors the flow of raw cooling water to engines, generators, or bait tanks
• Prevents costly engine damage when raw water intake is blocked by debris in the water
• New style Flow Detector for 3/4" male pipe thread, utilizing Aqualarm's latest Paddle Detector Technology that resists debris build-up
• Upgraded 3 amp electrical switch for alarm (versus 0.5 amps on old style detectors) Note - the Instruction Sheet has not been updated yet
• Can be used with bell alarm (AQA 20100) or buzzer alarms (AQA 20106), etc.
• Multi-voltage - can be used with 12V, 24V or 32V system voltages