You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Incorporating recent technological advances, Balmar has introduced a "next generation" battery monitor.
The SG200 is quite simply the most accurate battery monitor available.
This breakthrough battery monitor which can measure and account for a battery's naturally diminishing capacity as it ages – thus maintaining the accuracy of the displayed information throughout the battery's service life.
The SG200 also is unaffected by other issues inherent in all other shunt-based monitor systems – most importantly accuracy drift due to multiple real-world partial (less than 100%) charging cycles.
In the SG200, Balmar has combined the best features of its 1st generation Smartgauge™ with the many advantages of a shunt-based, amp-hour counting system.
Further, they’ve designed a device architecture which allows multiple gauges and multiple shunts to be added to create a "SmartLink Network" – allowing the boater to monitor multiple energy storage banks simultaneously from multiple locations.
In addition, the SG200 Color Display is easy to read, configurable, and fits any standard 2-1/16” instrument gauge socket.
Now you can determine your batteries' condition from anywhere on the vessel or vehicle with multiple displays.
Or, if you add the optional Bluetooth® Gateway/Router and Smartphone App, you can access real-time battery Status info right on your smartphone!
The SG200 Monitor Learns & Displays All Critical Battery Parameters Determined By Your Actual Usage
• State of Health % - compares the current battery capacity to the design (factory new) capacity – to maintain monitor accuracy despite natural battery aging (displayed as a percentage)
• State of Charge % - what percentage of the battery or battery bank's capacity remains, using battery's real-life, State of Health "aged capacity" rather than its factory spec when new
• Net Battery Current Flow - any input current minus any outflow current (displayed in Amps) - easily see if you are charging or depleating your batteries
• Time Remaining (hours and minutes) - until battery is completely discharged. When charging, shows the time remaining until charging is completed
• Embedded history, faults & alerts - provides a complete picture of your battery system
Out of the box, the SG200 monitors one deep cycle battery or battery bank (plus voltage monitoring for up to two starting batteries).
SmartLink devices have two connectors available to allow you to extend the network in either direction:
Additional battery banks can be monitored by adding additional modular SmartShunts, creating a SmartLink network.
Additional displays for other locations are also modular and can be added as needed.
See Accessory Products.
The SG200 Battery Monitor is available in a choice of 3 kits –
All kits are "plug-in" modular and can be easily expanded.
Basic model (SG200) with a SmartShunt for one battery bank and a color display.
Deluxe model (SG210) with SmartShunt, Display, and a Bluetooth Gateway to be able to use your smartphone as a display.
Smartphone Only model (SG205) with a Smartshunt and a Bluetooth Gateway/Router for using your smartphone as the display.
Support for All Common Battery Chemistries & Voltages
• Including Lead Acid, Lithium-Ion (LiFePO₄), Standard AGM, TPPL AGM, Carbon Foam AGM, and GEL Batteries
• Supports 12V-48V battery banks
Intelligent, Self-Calibrating Accuracy
• Typically 97% accurate after several cycles to assess battery characteristics
• Does not lose accuracy with age
Large, Bright Color Display
• Sunlight readable and configurable for color theme, intensity, alert settings, power-saving time-outs, as well as a wide range of menu options
• 60 degree viewing angle
• Fits in standard 2-1/16” instrument gauge cut-out
• Comes standard with support for 1 Deep Cycle Battery Bank
• Option to support multiple batteries or battery banks by adding additional SmartShunt units (#SG2-0100)
• Comes standard with support for 2 Starting Batteries (voltage parameters only) - for single or twin engines; or single plus genset start batteries
• Option to supports multiple displays by adding additional Color Displays (#SG2-0200)
• Simple, easy-to-install, easy-to-expand, point-to-point network
Optional Smartphone/Bluetooth® Gateway/Router
• Free iOS and Android Apps (requires Bluetooth® Gateway #SG2-0300)
• View all system parameters on your phone
• Download product updates as they become available
Each SmartShunt can handle up to 1250 Amp hour battery banks and currents of up to 350 amps continuously at 75°F ambient temperatures. If the battery bank or charging sources/discharging loads exceed these values continuously, two or more SmartShunts, wired in parallel, must used to handle the higher currents.
Standard compliances - CE, EMC Directive 2014/30EU, RoHS 2 Directive 2011/65EU
Note - the included 10 meter SmartLink Communications Cable is not shown in the product image.
|Selected||SKU #||MFG #||Availability|
Smartshunt with Bluetooth
Smartshunt with Display
|SKU #: 1015300||MFG #: SG200|
9 In Stock
|BT - No||Yes|
|SKU #: 1029033||MFG #: SG205|
5 In Stock
|BT - Yes||No|
|SKU #: 1029034||MFG #: SG210|
7 In Stock
|BT - Yes||Yes|