These breakers have a 5,000 ampere interrupt capacity to meet ABYC requirements for 120/240 volt main circuit protection, (interrupt capacity is a measure of the ability to interrupt currents without catastrophic failure).
• Double pole can be used as a 120 volt AC main circuit breaker to switch both hot and neutral, or to switch both hots in 240V AC branch applications
• Both poles will trip if any one pole trips
• Magnetic-hydraulic delay trip mechanism allows for short start-up current surges without tripping the breaker
• "Trip free" design cannot be held "ON" during fault current condition
• Maximum voltage: 240 volts AC
• Note: Double and triple pole C-Series circuit breakers for AC and DC are not interchangeable
• C-Series toggle double pole circuit breaker bodies measure 1.50"W x 2.50"H