You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
500A ML Remote Solenoid Switch w/ Backup Manual Control - 12V DC
This is a great device!
No more crawling into the engine compartment, lifting floorboards, or piling up cushions to operate your battery switch. You can use this solenoid battery switch to connect or disconnect your battery banks remotely from the helm, nav station, or control panel, without having to go below to access the actual battery switch.
What a convenience!
Unlike typical solenoids which are only activated when a current is present (like your car starter motor solenoid), the magnetic latching feature of these solenoid battery switches means that the battery switch will remain in either state (contacts open or closed) until changed by the operator.
This is possible due to continuous passive assistance from the magnet to keep it in either the On or Off state.
These Backup Manual Control models of the 500A ML-RBS Remote Battery Switch feature a manual control knob right on the solenoid at the battery box, in addition to the remote control feature.
This manual version of the ML Remote Battery Switch provides an added level of safety by allowing control of the solenoid (battery switch) with or without electric power.
If a local manual control is not required in your installation, you can use the ML Remote Solenoid Battery Switch version (#7701/7703) which doesn't have the manual control knob - see Related Products, below.
For use with battery banks for inboard gasoline or diesel engines, windlasses, thrusters, or inverters, this switch reduces long runs of heavy battery cables because it activates with low currents through small wires. No current draw, except to actually change the on/off configuration of the switch.
• 500 Amp latching switch provides high amperage battery switching under load from a convenient location
• Remote operation is via one momentary On/Off/On rocker switch, or two On/Off momentary switches
• No continuous current draw
• Multi-station control capability
• Manual backup control capability allows control with or without power
• Manual control knob can be "locked" in the OFF position for battery maintenance and to prevent remote operation
• Can be used in parrallel with ML Automatic Charging Relays (use Link Bus #9160)
• Silver alloy contacts provide high reliability in high amperage switching
• 3/8" tin-plated copper studs can accept multiple 4/0 AWG cable (maximum)
• SAE J1171 ignition protected; UL rated; CE marked
• Recesses for adding adhesive circuit identification labels
• IP66 water resistance (dust tight and able to withstand water from heavy seas)
• CE marked
• Note: specs in Table are based on using 4/0 cables
Retail packaged units include a momentary (On)/Off/(On) SPDT Remote Control Contura Switch (#2145) and have bare wire leads
Bulk packaged units do not come with a switch and have a cable terminating in a Deutsch DTM Cable Terminal which can be cut off, if desired.
|Selected||SKU #||MFG #||Availability|
|SKU #: 204885||MFG #: 7700|
15 In Stock
|SKU #: 204887||MFG #: 7702|
Out of Stock
|SKU #: 394558||MFG #: 7702100B|
1 Remaining In Stock
|SKU #: 427162||MFG #: 7700100B|
8 In Stock