You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Use this panel for uncomplicated management of 3 battery banks - 1 House and 2 Start - in twin engine boats.
With two On/Off/Both battery switches, each engine Start circuit is isolated from the House circuit, reducing the chance of fully discharging all battery banks at the same time.
Performing the same operations as three On/Off battery switches (one for each bank), the Engine and House battery switches are both turned "On" when the boat is boarded, and both turned "Off" when leaving the boat. This minimizes the opportunity for error.
In an emergency requiring that two batteries be combined - say a discharged engine battery - simply turn the Engine switch knob to the "Combine Batteries" position to combine both starting batteries. Additionally turning the House switch to Combine Batteries will add the House bank.
The 8693 also features a high amperage main DC breaker with (6) empty DC branch positions for user customization, as well as (4) circuit breaker protected 24-hour DC branch circuits. These four unswitched (always on), push button reset-only circuit breakers provide protection for items like bilge pumps or alarms that need to be "On" 24 hours a day, as well as for digital clocks and other electronics with programmed memory or pre-sets which are sensitive to loss of electrical power.
• Designed for twin engine configurations
• Traditional 5052-H32 aluminum alloy metal panel
• Incorporates two On/Off/Both e-Series large format battery switches (#5511e)
• Protects electronics from sags and spikes caused by engine starting
• DC main (100A rocker) circuit protection (#7549), and four 15 amp push-button breakers (#7056) installed; 6 empty positions
• Use with 12 or 24V DC systems
• Includes Waterproof Square Label Set - 30 labels (#4218)
• "On" indicating LEDs
• Backlit circuit labels
• Ignition protected - safe for installation aboard gasoline-powered boats
• Dimensions: 10.50"W x 8.00"H x 3.50"D
• Addition of two Automatic Charging Relays (#7610 or ML-Series #7622/7623) will automate charging of both battery banks
Click here for the Installation and User Guide for this product, and here for a Cut-Out Template for mounting the panel.