A packing box, or stuffing box, is a device that seals around the propeller shaft, preventing seawater from entering the boat.
The shaft log, which is fiberglassed and/or drilled and bolted to the hull, is the actual opening through which the propeller shaft exits the vessel.
The hose connection between the packing box and the shaft log provides enough flexibility to allow for small shaft alignment discrepancies.
• Complete assembly includes: body, hex spud, hex locking nut, hose and hose clamps, and angled shaft log
• Body, spud and lock nut are finely machined cast bronze
• Hose is extra heavy 5-ply marine exhaust hose
• Sizes over 1-3/8" are available in left-hand thread for left-hand shaft rotation; please inquire
• Complete range of shaft and hose sizes available; please inquire
NOTE - see Specification Table for complete product selection details.