You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Considered one of the finest nautically-inspired clocks ever made in this country, the Pilot is a true masterpiece of American clock making.
An exact reproduction of an original yacht wheel, the Pilot was first patented and produced by Chelsea Clock in 1911.
Featuring Chelsea'a renowned chiming Ship’s Bell mechanism, this exquisite timepiece boasts 11 jewel movements and 364 brass and gold-plated precision parts.
Its forged solid brass bezel opens with the original "shield" hinge-and-latch design.
The clock’s dial is painstakingly crafted of deeply etched brass that is hand silvered, enameled and lacquered.
The wood base and back are crafted of solid mahogany, while the wheel’s ring and base are finished using a lustrous hand-rubbed copper bronze process and lacquered to prevent tarnish.
• Wall mount counterpart of the Chelsea Mariner clock
• Mechanical movement
• 6" dial
• Dimensions: 17-1/2"H x 14"W x 5-1/2"D
• Weight: 33 lb
• Packaged in luxurious blue presentation box
• 5-year warranty
• Made in USA
Heavy on the technical side...
This distinctive, handcrafted timepiece signals the passing of time with gentle, rich-sounding chimes - eight bells at 4, 8 and 12 o’clock to mark the end of a mariner’s four-hour watch, with one bell the first half-hour after, plus one additional bell with each subsequent half-hour.
Behind its classic hand-silvered dial, 364 precision brass parts - many plated with gold - and 11 jewel movements, all of which are made in Chelsea, Massachusetts, are hand assembled in a six week-long process.
Each movement is tested for a week, placed in its case, and tested for an additional week to ensure accuracy in time and enduring quality for years to come.
This is the finest precision mechanical clock movement to be found, anywhere.
• Heavy, forged, solid brass case resists corrosion, and accounts for the distinctive bell tone on the clock
• Three separate hand buffing and polishing steps produce a mirror-like finish
• Hand lacquered finish resists corrosion and tarnishing
• The clock's brass dial is hand silvered on a potter's-type wheel using a traditional, century old process
• Numbers are deeply etched (not painted) and lacquered for durability and aethetics
• All gears are cut, not stamped, for better movement precision
Available personalization options include: engraved brass plate, engraved case, engraved logo on case or dial, logo screen printing on dial, engraved signature or monogram on case.
Please inquire at via the feedback tab on our website, or at 1-800-426-6930.