You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Over the years, HFC-134a has been a common propellant used for horns as it is a non-volatile organic compound (non-VOC) and is also non-flammable.
With the EPA ban on the use of HFC-134a as a horn propellant, Falcon has launched a line of signal horn products that use alternative propellants.
The new HMO1234ze used in Sonic Blast Horns is a specially formulated non-flammable propellant that has an ultra-low global warming potential (GWP). It has a 99.5% lower GWP than HFC-134a and is ideal for uses where flammability is a concern, including boating, manufacturing plants, construction sites, etc.
It is not considered HAZMAT, and needs no special documentation.
This 5 oz Sonic Blast horn provides up to 56 blasts per can.
• All metal push-button chromed horn
• Meets USCG requirements for boats to 65 ft (20 m)
• Provides a 120 dB sound level at 10 ft
• Trapped blister packaged for retail sale
• Refill available; see FSB5R under Replacement Products, below