You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
This 2 lb pour foam is mainly used to fill voids in small, medium and large boats for flotation purposes.
The Coast Guard requires “encapsulated air” as secondary flotation in the case of catastrophic failure in the boat itself.
This polyurethane 2 lb Foam is Coast Guard Approved for Marine Applications
The USCG requires the installation of foam flotation with specific properties in certain types of boats including lifeboats, rescue boats, life floats and buoyant apparatus.
This product is suitable for do-it-yourself repairs to exisiting flotation, as well as for new construction in consultation with a marine architect.
This 2 lb foam has many other uses such as bonding in fuel tanks, insulation in hard-to-reach places, structural reinforcement of hull to floor applications in smaller boats.
Some aluminum boat manufacturers use this foam under the wooden floor for secondary flotation.
Sharkthane foam can be shaped or machined into many different unique shapes. It can be made into a "plug" for a mold.
This foam is not limited to the marine industry; a form of this foam is used in residential housing as a spray-in foam.
• Produces a rigid, fire retardant polyurethane foam that weighs 2 lb/cubic foot
• Used for void-filling and molding applications, structural floats, and various high temperature applications
• Can be designed to meet a variety of reactivity requirements without sacrificing product quality
• Unique handling characteristics provide ease of mixing by hand
• Produces a uniform product with excellent cell structure
• Does not contain any CFC blowing agent or other ozone depleting chemicals
• Should only be used in temperatures between 70°F - 85°F. Anything less or more than those temps and the expansion will be adversely affected
• Coast Guard Approved for Marine ApplicationsThis product meets MIL-P-21929C in accordance with 46 CFR 160.035-3(u)(7) and FR meets MIL-F-83671 ¶ 3.13