Fisheries offers Harken 27 mm Traveler Track in three styles: standard low beam with 100 mm spaced mounting holes, "retrofit" low beam with 4" spaced mounting holes, and high beam with sliding bolt/variable mounting hole spacing.
This group is the retrofit low beam track - with 4" mounting hole spacing. Use this when replacing an existing traveler track. The 4" mounting hole spacing matches many older tracks, and avoids the issue of having to plug the old mounting holes and drill new ones in order to replace the track.
27 mm Midrange CB (Captive Ball) Track is made of tough 6061-T6 aluminum that is Hardcote-anodized black with Teflon® impregnation for durability and easy ball bearing movement.
Use standard low-beam track when the track can be supported at each fastener hole. Pinstop holes are spaced every 100 mm (3-15/16") between the fasteners (the first fastener hole is 50 mm [1-15/16"] from the end of the track.)
"Retrofit" low-beam track is designed as a direct replacement for older track designs (like Nicro Fico) with 4" spacing between fastener holes (the first hole is 2" from the end of the track).
Use high-beam track when the track must span a cockpit or other unsupported area. Refer to the 27 mm High-Beam Track Spanning Chart in the High Beam Track entry for details; see Related Products, below.
• Maximum mainsail area for 27 mm track ranges from 14.9 m² (160 ft²) for multi-hulls with mid-boom sheeting using standard cars, to 32.5 m² (350 ft²) for lightweight mono-hulls with end boom sheeting
• When end controls are not used, add HAR #E2700 or #1523 endstops to absorb shock loads (sold separately)
• When end controls assemblies are used, trim caps can be used to finish the track ends
• Splice (#1619) links help align low beam track sections during installation
• Fasteners: 5/16"FH low-beam track; 1/4"HH high-beam track; 1/4"FH retrofit track
• Can be bent to your specifications, please call for details
• Minimum bend radius for both Low- and High-Beam R27 Track: 2.44m (8ft) for standard/short cars; 2.73m (9 ft) for HL/long cars
• Note: Due to its length, track over 3.5m (9 ft) in length must be shipped via truck or air freight